Grab hold of this unique opportunity to work closely with children’s author (and practicing literacy specialist) Sandra K. Athans as she takes students, grades 4 – 8, on a breathless and unforgettable journey!
Using her well-known and highly acclaimed children’s books Tales from the Top of the World and Secrets of the Sky Caves, Sandra holds students spellbound as she shares real-life adventures of pursuit and discovery! Tales From the Top of the World documents her brother’s successful summits of Mt. Everest – seven in all – through stunning photographs and high-interest reading passages! Sky Caves highlights one of the most fascinating explorations and discoveries happening today.
Students in grades 4 – 8, will engage in …
• Nonfiction accounts of survival, rescue, adventure, and scientific discovery
• Informative quick-reads on the geography of the Himalaya, the Sherpa people, the region’s history, and the science of high-altitude climbing
• Facts and fiction surrounding the Yeti and other hard-to-believe mysteries
• Interviews with Pete Athans (a.k.a. Mr. Everest) and inspirational insights on his rise from an average kid to a world-class mountaineer
• Fascinating expedition accounts of Secret Sky Caves that contain ancient artifacts, human remains, and more!
As a long-time practicing 4th grade classroom teacher, Sandra has prepared materials to help:
• Address the Common Core and other Standards with classroom-ready close reading materials • Discover ways to address connections to the science and social studies curriculum • Ignite students engagement and enthusiasm through multimedia presentations
• Keep it fun, informational, and packed with Wow-Appeal!
From the Top of the World, your reach for the perfect star-studded Author Visit is not so out of reach!
Email me at email@example.com to schedule a visit.